Friday, October 29, 2010

What do we want to be when we grow up?

What a strange topic of conversation, but that was what our class spent an hour talking about today.  What would we like to be when we grow up.  It seems like it's going to be ages until we get old enough to do anything exciting.  But we learnt today that there are short term goals and long term goals.  Most of us had short term goals such as wanting to be able to do a backwards flip on the trampoline, or wanting to read a chapter book, or even wanting to learn how to ride our scooter properly.

These were our long term goals.  They are going to take us a very long time to achieve but our class is the ACHIEVING kind.  Just wait and see.

Kymba (Year 4)
I want to be a vet so I must learn to look after animals and then I will be able to own a farm.

Shayna-Grace (Year 4)
When I grow up I want to learn how to ride my bike safely.  I will need to learn to ride carefully.

Justus (Year 2)
When I grow up I want to be an inventor.  I need to go to school and learn everything.

Freddy (Year 2)
When I grow up I want to be a banker.  I have to learn lots of maths.

Matauri (Year 4)
When I grow up I want to play rugby league for the Warriors or the Kiwis.  I have to learn to be like G. M.  I have to learn to tackle properly and not do head high tackles.

Taipari (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to be in the All Blacks.  I have to learn to kick the ball really hard and I need to be really fast at running.

Daniel (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to drive a car.  I need to get my driver's  license so I will need to learn to read and write.

Brody (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to be a TNT tester.  I will need to learn to read so that I can know about all the TNT safety rules.

Tiana (Year 4)
When I grow up I want to work at Warehouse in the book part.  i will need to learn to read so that I can tell people what the books are about.

Tana (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to buy a big motorbike.  I will have to learn where the gears are.  I have to get a helmet and a jacket to keep me safe.

Quintyn (Year 4)
When I grow up I want to be the Warriors.  I will have to learn to pass the ball and not to be scared of bigger people.  I have to be brave.

Luce (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to be a clothes designer.  i will have to learn to sew and look in magazines at people's clothes.

Jessie (Year 5)
When I grow up I want to stunts, like learning how to do a flip over 9 people lying on the ground.  I have to learn how to do a flip first.

Stella (Year 4)
When I grow up I want to be a head chef.  I must learn to cook and stay in school so that I can learn to read cook books.

Sid (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to be able to fly a plane.  i have to ask someone to help me learn to fly a plane.  I have to learn to steer the plane.  I must learn how to take off in a plane and land a plane.

Kristen (Year 4)
When I grow up I want to work at the meat works in Te Kuiti.  I'll have to learn to chop meat.  I'll have to learn what type of meats that you can eat.  I will have to get a car so that I can drive to work.

Forde (Year 3)
When I grow up I want to learn to do a big flip over 10 people on my bike.  I will have to practice a lot.

Let us know what you want to be when you get older.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ford, It's Kristen. I was just wondering how long do you think it will take you to learn to do that flip. Do you think that it will take you one year, two years or more?

    ReplyDelete